EASY Ricotta Cookies | Deliciously Yummy Cookies
EASY Italian Ricotta Christmas cookies are soft cake-like cookies that are light and fluffy. I can’t explain how good they are, but you are going to LOVE them! Ricotta Cookies are perfect for ANY occasion but traditionally you will see them more around Christmas time. Buon Natale!!!
ITALIAN RICOTTA COOKIES
Yields 48 Cookies (1 ½ tablespoons size)
1 stick of Butter, room temperature
¾ cup Sugar
1 Lemon Zest
1 cup Ricotta Cheese, preferably whole milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 cup Flour
½ teaspoon Baking Powder and Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
¾ cup Confectioner Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. In a mixing bowl, add butter, and sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.
2. Combine the egg to butter mixture.
3. Add the zest of a lemon, ricotta cheese, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and mix until well incorporated.
5. On a lined cookie sheet, scoop out cookie dough in even amounts to ensure consistency in cooking time.
6. Then place in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.
7. While cookies are baking, prepare the frosting by adding confectioner sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until well combined.
8. Once cookies have cooled, drizzle desired amount of glaze and add sprinkles.
Note: glaze and sprinkle a few at a time otherwise glaze will begin to harden and the sprinkles will not stick.