The BEST Italian Tart EASY Italian dessert
The Best Italian Tart Easy Italian Dessert This Ricotta and White Chocolate Torta is an EASY and delicious dessert. It is a simple dessert with only a few ingredients. The crust is so tender and flaky with the filling having a light and airy texture. This is one of the creamiest and easiest Italian cakes to make.
Ricotta and White Chocolate Torta
2 cups Flour
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup Butter, small cubes or grated
¼ teaspoon Salt
15 oz Ricotta Cheese
1 Egg + 1 Egg White
1/3 cup Powdered Sugar
1 cup White Chocolate, Melted
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
¼ teaspoon Salt Egg Wash, (1 Egg Yolk and 1 teaspoon Water)
Additional Powdered Sugar for Finishing
1. In a large bowl, add Flour, Powdered Sugar, and Salt and mix to evenly incorporate.
2. Add Butter cubes to the bowl and begin to work the butter into the flour mixture until all the butter and flour become a course mealy mixture.
3. Add the Egg into the butter-flour mixture and continue to work the mixture until it all comes together and forms a dough ball.
4. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and begin to roll out the dough about ¼” and place in a pie pan. Cut any additional dough around the top of the pie pan and save it for the top.
5. Roll out the excess pastry dough into a rectangle, the length of the pie pan. Cut into ½” wide strips and place on a floured cookie sheet.
6. Place both the pie pan with the pastry dough and the long strips of pastry dough in the fridge to get firm, about 1 hour. Prepare Filling
1. In a bowl add all the filling ingredients and mix to well incorporate.
2. Set aside until ready to fill the pastry dough pie pan.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Assembly
1. Once the pastry dough is firm, add the Ricotta Chocolate filling and even the top to make it smooth.
2. Begin by taking the pastry dough strips and laying them gently first in one direction and then in the other direction to create a lattice formation.
3. Brush the lattice pastry dough with the egg wash.
4. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 – 35 minutes.
5. Once removed from the oven, allow Ricotta Chocolate Torte to cool complexly. 6. Before serving, dust powdered sugar on top of Ricotta Chocolate Torte.