Easy Classic Italian Torta Caprese | 5 Ingredients | Authentic Italian Dessert
EASY Classic Italian Torta Caprese | 5 Ingredients | Authentic Italian Dessert
Torta Caprese is a traditional Italian cake made with chocolate and almonds The easiest dessert with only a few ingredients. A very chocolatey almond flourless cake. So good and simple that this will become your new go-to dessert.
8 oz semisweet chocolate
1 ½ cups butter, room temperature
7 oz almond flour
2/3 cup sugar
4 eggs, separated at room temperature
1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. In a bowl add chocolate chips and butter. Place in the microwave for 2 minutes. Once melted, stir to combine the butter and chocolate until well incorporated. This can also be done in a double boiler.
2. Whip egg whites to a stiff peak and set them aside
3. In another bowl add egg yolks, sugar and salt. Blend until well incorporated and the egg mixture is fluffy and doubled in size.
4. Add the egg yolk mixture and almond flour to the chocolate and stir to combine.
5. Fold in the egg whites 1/3 at a time until everything is well incorporated.
6. Place batter in a well-buttered dish and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
7. Allow to cool before serving or adding powdered sugar or ice cream.