Fall Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake is PERFECT with coffee and what better time of year to enjoy this EASY Fall Recipe. Fall is the PERFECT time for Coffee Cake as the autumn spices penetrate the air as you bake this EASY Coffee Cake.
Easy Fall Coffee Cake
Yields 9 Pieces (8×8 pan)
½ cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Sour Cream
¼ cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
2 cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Allspice
¼ teaspoon Mace
1 ½ cups Pecans, chopped
½ cup Brown Sugar
¼ cup Flour
4 Tablespoons Butter, melted (**Brush pan first with some of the butter)
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter the inside of the 8 x 8 baking pan with some of the melted butter. Set aside until ready.
- In a bowl, add Butter and Sugar, and using a beater, begin to cream the Butter and Sugar until they become light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs until well incorporated.
- Add Sour Cream, Milk, and Vanilla Extract. Blend until the wet ingredients are smooth.
- Begin to all the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and continue to blend until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add all the streusel toppings and mix to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Set aside.
- In the buttered 8 x 8 pan, add ½ of the batter and evenly spread.
- Place ½ of the Streusel topping on top of the batter and evenly spread.
- Add the remaining batter and evenly spread.
- Add the remaining Streusel topping to the top of the batter, evenly spread, and gently press the topping into the batter.
- Place the Coffee Cake in the preheated oven and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until the center of the cake test clean with a toothpick.
- Cool before cutting into the cake.
- Enjoy your piece of coffee cake with a great cup of coffee!