Fresh peaches make for the best cobbler. This cobbler topping is a dense biscuit dough topping that is perfect for soaking up all the bubbly peach juices. To keep this recipe easy, just leave the peel on the peaches. You are going to be amazed how easy, using only one bowl and no special equipment needed to make this delicious dessert.
Serves 6 – 8
2 ½ lb Fresh Peaches, about 8-10 medium peaches, diced
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract or ½ teaspoon Vanilla Paste
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
¼ teaspoon Salt
Peach Cobbler Topping
1 1/3 cup Flour
2 Tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ cup Cold Butter, grated
1.4 cup Milk
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, place all the Peach Filling ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Place the peaches in a buttered 8 x 8 baking dish. Set aside.
- Using the same bowl that the peach filling was in, add all the dry ingredients for the Peach Cobbler Topping.
- Add grated Butter and evenly coat with the flour mixture. Note: if you do not grate the butter, cut it into small pieces and break up the butter pieces in the flour until an oatmeal texture is achieved.
- Add Milk into the flour mixture and mix until a shaggy dough forms.
- Place the topping mixture on top of the peaches and evenly spread the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the peach juices are bubbling.
- Let cool before serving for about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or sweetened whipped topping.