Ratatouille is a classic stew made from the summer harvest of vegetables. This is a perfect meal as everything is made in one pot. Easy Ratatouille is a colorful combination of tomatoes, eggplant, garlic, onion, zucchini, bell pepper, and fresh herbs. A perfect way to display your garden harvest. Ratatouille can be served in so many ways. It can be the main meal, served as a side dish with grilled steak, oven-roasted chicken, used as a filler for crepes, omelets, or just a fantastic-tasting vegetarian dish with a side of fresh bread. The possibilities are endless.
Serves 4 – 6
Olive Oil, as needed
4 Small Zucchini. cubed
2 Small Eggplants, cubed
4 Large Ripe Tomatoes, seeded and cubed
1 Onion, diced
2 Bell Peppers, cubed
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup Liquid, i.e. Broth, Wine Or Water
Fresh Herbs, i.e. Basil, Oregano, Parsley
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add zucchini to the sauté pan with some salt. Cook for about 5 minutes. Once the zucchini is cooked, place it in a large bowl and return the sauté pan back to the stove.
- Repeat this process for the Eggplant and Tomatoes.
- Add a little bit of Olive Oil, Onions, Garlic, and Salt to the sauté pan. Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the Bell Peppers. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Add Tomato Paste and cook for a minute or so to evenly incorporate throughout the vegetables.
- Add the rest of the cooked vegetables and add to the sauté pan. Gently stir to evenly incorporate and continue to finalize the cooking process for a few more minutes. Taste for Salt and Pepper.
- When ready to serve, add to your plate and garnish.