Easy Potatoes and Peppers
These EASY Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions are a classic Italian dish. It is Easy, with only 3 ingredients, filling, and VERY TASTY! I often served it as a side as well as a main dish with a salad in the summer. I also use leftovers Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions for breakfast instead of hash browns served with eggs. Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions are the PERFECT side dish, or add some meat to make a complete meal! Italian Potatoes, Peppers, and Onions recipe makes the most IRRESISTIBLE Potatoes with lots of crispy brown crunchy bits that are mixed with TASTY fried Peppers and Onions. Whatever you do, don’t put these on the table until you’re ready to see them DISAPPEAR!
1 lb Potatoes, preferably Idaho or Russet, peeled and cubed
4 Bell Peppers, preferably Red, cubed
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, coarsely cubed
Salt and Pepper to taste
Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
Parsley, chopped, Optional
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, palace olive oil. Once hot, add Potatoes and sauté for 8 – 10 minutes until cooked. You may need to add more olive oil if potatoes are sticking to the skillet. Once cooked, remove from the skillet, keeping as much oil in the skillet, place on a dish, and set aside.
- Add Onions to the skillet and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes or until translucent. Add more oil if needed.
- Add Bell Peppers to the skillet with onions and sauté until soft and cooked all the way through.
- Return Potatoes to skillet and fully incorporate all ingredients and add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Plate and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.