What’s the SECRET to making the BEST LASAGNA? There is nothing MORE delicious than a homemade baked LASAGNA! You will be surprised to learn how EASY is it to make the perfect lasagna, maybe the most classic Italian dinner.
The BEST Quick Lasagna
Serves 6 – 8
1 Onion, diced
6 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 lb of Ground Beet
1 lb of Ground Sausage
1 lb of Ground Turkey
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning, dried
2 – 28 oz cans Crushed Tomatoes
1 – 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
Salt and Pepper to taste
32 oz Ricotta Cheese
2 Tablespoon Parsley, fresh chopped
2 Tablespoon Thyme, fresh
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Box Lasagna Noodles, cooked
4 cups Mozzarella, or more if preferred cheesier
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add a few tablespoons of olive oil, onions, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
- Add the meat and Italian seasoning and break up the meat into small pieces with a spoon until all the meat is cooked.
- Add all the Tomato Sauces and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook the sauce for about 30 minutes.
- To prepare the Ricotta Cheese filling, add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer to evenly incorporate and aerate the ricotta mixture.
- To assemble the Lasagna, use a deep baking dish. Add enough sauce to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the first layer of Lasagna Noodles, then a layer of Bolognese Sauce, add half of the ricotta mixture evenly spread, and add about one cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the prior step for the second layer. Keep in mind to add the lasagna noodles in the opposite direction from the first layer.
- For the third layer of lasagna, only add the Bolognese sauce and cover with foil.
- At this point, the lasagna can be placed in the oven, fridge, or freezer. If you choose to bake it, after about 1 hour or when the sides begin to bubble, remove the foil, and add about 2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top. Return to the oven and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. This can take 5 – 10 minutes.
- Once the Lasagna is cooked, remove it nfrom the oven, and let it rest for about 15 minutes. If the lasagna does not rest, it will fall apart when cut into.
Secrets to Making the Best Lasagna
1 Combination of Meats
2 Flavorful Tomato Sauce
2 Type of Mozzarella Cheese
4 Creamy Ricotta
5 Fresh Herbs