These are the most delicious, authentic Italian meatballs. This recipe is easy to follow, and the meatballs come out juicy, flavorful, and tender. Perfect for a family dinner or a special occasion, this dish will impress your guests. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a bit of patience to make these mouth-watering meatballs. Whether you serve them with spaghetti, or as a standalone dish, they are sure to be a hit. So, grab your apron, and let’s get started!
Original Italian Meatballs Easy Recipe
Serves 4 – 6
¾ Cup Breadcrumbs
1 pound of Beef, Ground
1 pound of Italian Sausage, Ground
1 pound of Turkey, Ground
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
½ Cup Cubes of Day-Old Bread, softened (see the video if unsure how to do this)
4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 tablespoon Parsley
1 Teaspoon Oregano
½ Teaspoon Salt
¼ Teaspoon Pepper
1 Onion, diced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 48 oz cans of Tomato Sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add all of the Meatball Ingredients and mix to evenly incorporate all the ingredients.
- On a baking sheet, begin to roll the meatballs in even amounts of meat and place on the sheet pan until ready to cook. Note: dampen hands in water to avoid the meat from sticking to your hands. Set aside when completed.
- In a large high-sided sauté pan or sauce pot, place a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add Tomato Sauce and stir to incorporate.
- Once the sauce is hot, begin by placing the meatballs in the pan. Shake the pot a bit if you need the meatballs to reposition themselves. Do not stir as it will break the meatballs. Once all the meatballs are in the pot, cover and have the heat at medium-low heat. After about 15 minutes, the meatballs should be set and they can be gently moved around with a spoon.
- Taste for doneness and any additional salt and pepper in the sauce.