EASY Spaghetti Squash
EASY Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is an EASY complete dinner. Spaghetti Squash can be virtually stuffed with ANYTHING. In this video, I use up some leftover bits and pieces of vegetables. You can add meat or make it completely vegetarian. This is the EASIEST stuffed Spaghetti Squash to make. Not only is this a TASTY Spaghetti Squash but an EASY dinner recipe.
Serves 4 – 6
1 Spaghetti Squash, halved and clean
1 Onion, diced
4 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 Carrots, diced
2 Celery Stalks, diced
1 Bell Pepper, diced
1 lb Ground Meat, I used Turkey
1 lb Mushrooms, diced
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 cup Mozzarella, grated (plus extra for the top)
1-2 cups Tomato Sauce
Parsley for Garnish
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Optional – I used 4 oz of Mascarpone just to use this up.
Preheat Oven 350 degrees
- Carefully cut Spaghetti squash in half vertically and scoop out all the seeds.
- Drizzle the inside of the Spaghetti Squash with olive oil and evenly coat as well as salt and pepper the insides.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet and cook until the squash is soft about 45 minutes. This time may vary depending on the size of the squash.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add s few tablespoons of olive oil. Once hot, add onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add the carrots, celery, and bell peppers. Continue to cook until the vegetables are soft about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add Ground Meat and begin to break up into small pieces as it cooks. You can void this step if making this dish vegetarian.
- Add Mushrooms and continue to cook until all is completely cooked.
- At this point, the heat can be turned off and the cheeses can all be added and fully incorporated. Also, season with additional salt and pepper.
- When the Spaghetti Squash is cooked, allow it to cool before handling and using a fork to scrape the strands apart.
- Fill the Spaghetti Squash with the filling. Spoon over Tomato Sauce and sprinkle additional Mozzarella Cheese.
- Place back in the oven and cook for about 20 minutes to heat up everything and have the cheese melted on top.
- Garnish with Fresh Parsley and serve!