Cheesy Artichoke and Chicken Tart
Serves 4 – 6
1 sheet Puff pastry, thawed
1 Egg, beaten (use some for puff pastry and use the rest for filling)
½ cup Ricotta cheese
4 oz Mozzarella, shredded
¼ cup Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Fresh Herbs of choice, Parsley, Thyme, Oregano, Chives, chopped, plus garnish
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper
½ cup – 1 Cup Chicken, shredded or cubed
1 – 14 oz can Artichoke hearts, canned, quartered
1 Tablespoon Capers, drained
Parmesan, finely grated (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place a sheet of puff pastry on a piece parchment paper, each about the same size. With a rolling pin, lightly press the puff pastry to even the dough out. Using a paring knife, gently score a 2-inch border around edges of the puff pastry. Brush the outside border of the puff pastry with the egg wash. Transfer the puff pastry to the baking sheet pan.
- In a bowl, add the remaining Egg, Ricotta Cheese, Mozzarella Cheese, Sour Cream, Chopped Herbs, Lemon Zest, Salt And Pepper and thoroughly mix to incorporate.
- Place all the cheese filling in the center of the puff pastry. Using an off-set spatula, evenly spread the cheese filling inside the border. Ensure that the outside border has only the egg wash on it.
- On top of the cheese filling, add the artichokes, chicken and capers.
- Place in the oven and cook for until the bottom and top of pastry is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- To finish off the Cheesy Tart, garnish with Parmesan Cheese, Fresh Parsley, Drizzle of Olive Oil, and Finishing Salt.
- Transfer to a cutting board, cut into pieces, and serve.