Cauliflower & Lemon Pasta
Roasted Cauliflower & Lemon Pasta is one of the EASIEST dishes to make for a quick dinner. Roasting the Cauliflower is not a necessity, but it gives a great caramelization to the dish. I love the FRESHNESS of this dish with the Lemon and Fresh Parsley. The capers add that extra burst of unexpected saltiness. EASY Roasted Cauliflower & Lemon Orecchiette Pasta is one of my FAVORITE go-to WEEKNIGHT recipe dishes.
EASY Roasted Cauliflower & Lemon Pasta
Serves 4 – 6
1 lb Orecchiette Pasta, cooked
1 Head Cauliflower, florets separated
Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper to coat
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
½ Onion, finely dice
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
½ – 1 Cup Pasta Water
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Lemon, juice and zest
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Tablespoons Capers
¼ – ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
Fresh Parsley, chopped
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place cauliflower florets on a baking sheet, and drizzle with enough olive oil to coat cauliflower and salt. Bake for 45 minutes or until caramelized and golden brown.
- Over medium-high heat, place a pot with about 4 cups of water and 1 – 2 tablespoons of salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling add pasta and cook according to package or doneness. When the pasta is cooked, reserve ½ – 1 cup of pasta water and strain the remaining water. Set pasta aside.
- In the same pot, add Olive Oil, Onion, and Garlic and sauté for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add Pasta, Parmesan Cheese, Pasta Water, Lemon Juice, Butter, Capers, and Red Pepper Flakes and mix to fully incorporate.
- Remove from heat and add Parsley and Lemon Zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.