EASY Ricotta Cookies | Deliciously Yummy Cookies
EASY Creamy Spinach and Tomato Tortellini Cream Sauce weeknight dinner. Cheese Tortellini are tossed in an EASY Parmesan Cream Sauce with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes. A QUICK and EASY DISH the family will LOVE!
Easy Creamy Spinach And Tomato Tortellini Cream Sauce
1 lb Cheese Tortellini, cooked (save pasta water)
½ Onion, finely diced
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
8 oz Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1 cup Peas, frozen
5 oz Baby Spinach
2 cups Heavy Cream
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
2 clove Garlic
½ tsp Salt
Red pepper Flakes
Parsley, fresh, chopped
Parmesan Cheese, grated or shaved
1. In a sauté pan, add olive oil, onions, and garlic and cook for a few minutes until soft.
2. Add sun-dried tomatoes and peas. Cook for a minute and set to one side of the pan.
3. To create the roux, move all the ingredients to the other side of the pan and add butter to the empty side of the pan. Once melted, add flour and cook butter and flour for about a minute.
4. Slowly add the cream to the roux and continue stirring to avoid any lumps. Once the cream begins to thicken, begin to incorporate all the ingredients.
5. Add the spinach, parmesan cheese, and taste for salt.
6. Add the tortellini and thoroughly combine.
7. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the pasta water.
8. Garnish and serve!