EASY Mushroom Chicken with Herb Cream Sauce
If you are looking for a QUICK meal and EASY clean-up, then this is the dish you want to make! Guaranteed TENDER and MOIST EVERY TIME you make this dish.
EASY Mushroom Chicken
Serves 2 – 4
For The Chicken:
¼ cup olive oil
4 Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Tablespoons Flour
2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
For The Sauce:
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Small Onion. Finely Chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
1 Pound Mushrooms, Thickly Sliced
2 Tablespoons Reserved Flour
¼ Cup White Wine
1 Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, Thyme, Chives, and Oregano
Salt And Pepper, to Taste
1. In a shallow pan or plate, add flour, salt, and pepper and evenly combine.
2. Coat each of the chicken breasts with the flour mixture and dust off any excess flour. Set aside. Save any extra flour for the sauce.
3. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts. Cook until golden brown on each side. Set chicken aside on a plate with a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
4. In the sauté pan, add butter. Onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
5. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are soft, about 3-4 minutes.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved flour and mix well to evenly incorporate throughout mushrooms.
7. Add the liquids to the pan of white wine, broth, and heavy cream.
8. Return chicken to pan. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
9. When cooked, remove from heat and add chopped herbs to the sauce.
10. When ready to serve, garnish with chopped herbs.
Serve with pasta, vegetables, rice, or mashed potatoes.