Chicken Piccata is a classic Mediterranean dish that is an easy delicious restaurant-quality dish you can make at home that will impress your family and friends.
2 Chicken Breasts, skinless, boneless, or Chicken Tenders
½ Cup Flour
Salt And Pepper
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
4 Tablespoon. Butter, cut into pieces
⅓ Cup White Wine, dry
2 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Capers, drained
Parsley, finely chopped
- Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise into 4 cutlets and lightly pound each piece between sheets of plastic wrap until an even thickness (about ½” thick or less). Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place a sauté pan over medium-high heat with a few tablespoons of olive oil.
- While the oil is heating, place flour on a plate and add a few pinches of salt and pepper and lightly mix to incorporate.
- Place each chicken cutlet in the flour and toss to coat both sides. Shake off any excess flour and transfer to the hot sauté pan. Continue to do this until all four pieces of chicken are in the pan.
- Continue to cook the chicken cutlets, without moving them, until golden browned underneath. Turn over and cook on the other side just until the chicken is golden brown. Transfer to a paper-lined plate and set aside.
- In the sauté pan, add garlic and butter to the sauté pan and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often and reducing heat if needed to keep the garlic from burning.
- Once the butter is melted, add the wine and lemon juice. Stir to evenly incorporate the butter mixture. If you prefer more sauce and or thicker sauce, add about 1 tablespoon of the leftover flour mixture as well as about ½ cup water. Continue to stir to help create a creamy thick sauce.
- Once all the ingredients are evenly incorporated, return the chicken to the sauté pan and cover. Continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the sauté pan from heat, stir in parsley and capers into the sauce, and taste for salt.
- Transfer chicken and sauce to a platter and top with parsley and a lemon wedge.
Note: Chicken piccata is a flavorful dish, so it should be accompanied by side dishes that will contrast and balance the flavors. This could include a light green salad and a mild rice or pasta dish.