Easy Spring Salad
This SIMPLE Mediterranean-style salad is not only packed with flavor but is so easy to make. Even the dressing is SIMPLE with just lemon and olive oil. Another GREAT thing about this dish, is that it can be made ahead. The EASY Bean Salad gets better as it sits so that all the flavors can marry together. This EASY Italian White Bean Salad can be made ahead for lunch, served as a side dish, or hearty enough for the main meal.
Serves 4 – 6
2 – 15 oz cans White Beans (cannellini), drained and rinsed well
1 English Cucumber, diced
10 oz container Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1 Small Purple Onion, thinly sliced
1 Bell Pepper, small dice
1 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
2 – 4 Green Onions, chopped
¼ cup Mint Leaves, chopped
1 Tablespoon Thyme, fresh
1 Tablespoon Oregano, fresh
1 Lemon, zested and juiced
4 – 6 Tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes Salt and pepper, to taste
Parmesan Shavings Bulgarian Feta cheese
1. Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Toss to evenly distribute the dressing. To enhance the flavor of the salad, allow the dressing and herbs to sit for 30 minutes before serving.
3. Place a serving on a place and garnish with cheese. Serve as a side dish or main dish.
Cauliflower Tabbouleh | New Year Weight Loss
A fresh grain-free take on a traditional Middle Eastern dish! We’ve replaced the bulgur wheat with lightly sauteed cauliflower ‘rice’ for a gluten-free and paleo-friendly side dish to serve with your favorite protein or share at your next potluck event.
EASY Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad:
4 cups riced cauliflower, grated (about a 15-ounce bag or 1 medium cauliflower)
1 14 oz can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
10 oz Baby Tomatoes, halved
1 Bell Pepper, finely diced
½ cucumber, seeded and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 cup Parsley, chopped
½ cup Mint, chopped
1/2 cup Kalamata Olives
¼ cup Purple Onion, diced
4 – 8 oz Feta
2 Spring Onions, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons Capers, drained
1 Lemon, Zest (add more if preferred)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Add salad dressing and evenly incorporate to coat all the vegetables.
3. Taste for salt and pepper.
4. Serve on a bed of lettuce or as a side dish.
2/3 cup Olive Oil
3 Lemon Juice, 6 tablespoons
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 Tablespoon Mustard
1 teaspoon Oregano
2 Garlic Cloves, diced
2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to fully incorporate.
10 Common Mistakes When Trying to Make A Healthy Salad
How to make a SALAD that DOESN’T SUCK, is what people ask me. I am always complimented on how my salads taste. In this video, I am going to share with you the steps I use to create a great-tasting salad. I am also going to share how you can make it extra healthy by keeping it low calorie, oil-free, saturated fat-free, sugar-free, and still taste fantastic along with so many more other wonderful tips.
Cashew Dressing – Serves 4 1/2 cup Cashews
1 Tablespoon Tahini (Sesame paste)
½ teaspoon Onion Powder
½ teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon No Salt Seasoning, like Ms. Dash
1 teaspoon Vinegar of choice, I used Apple Cider vinegar
¾ cup Water
1. Soak cashews in water for 30 min.
2. Add all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
3. Adjust for seasoning, if needed.
Note: you can add more water if you prefer a thinner dressing
Chicken and Chickpea Salad | Quick and Easy
This bright and flavorful Mediterranean inspired dish, Chicken and Chickpea Salad are perfect for a quick dinner or a hearty lunch. A quick and easy, protein-vegetable packed salad that is great to meal prep and customize throughout the week. Excellent for the days you don’t want to turn on the stove!
Chicken and Chickpea Salad
Serves 4 – 6
Lettuce of choice
4 Chicken Breasts, Cooked, cooled and sliced
2 cans Chickpeas, rinsed
1 English cucumber, cubed
1 Jar of Roasted Peppers, sliced
Purple Onion, thinly sliced
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Pepper Feta Cheese, for garnish Parsley, for garnish
1. In a large bowl, add Olive Oil, Crushed Garlic, Paprika, Salt and Pepper. Whisk to incorporate.
2. Add chickpeas. Cucumber, Tomatoes Roasted Peppers and Purple Onion to large bowl and toss to fully coat the dressing over all the ingredients.
1. Place a Bed of Greens.
2. Spoon over Chickpea Vegetables.
3. Add sliced Chicken Breast.
4. Garnish with Feta Cheese and Parsley.
Fennel and Orange Salad | Simple Recipe | Summer Dish
Fennel Orange Salad will become your new summer salad. The juicy oranges pair well with the hint of licorice flavor from the fennel. The vibrant colors of the Fennel and Orange Salad that pair with the citrus flavor from the juices make for a refreshing salad. The Fennel and Orange Salad adds a unique flavor to both sweet and savory dishes that can be served alone or as a side dish.
Orange and Fennel Salad
Serves: 4 – 6
4 Oranges, medium sized
Salt and Pepper, to taste
Balsamic vinegar, optional
1. Peel 4 oranges and cut into bite-size cubes.
2. Salt the oranges and drizzle generously with olive oil. This will allow the salt to bring out the juices in the oranges.
3. Thinly slice the fennel. Use a mandolin if you have.
4. Add fennel with the oranges, toss, and season with more salt, if needed.
5. Plate Orange and Fennel salad.
Drizzle good quality “syrup-like” balsamic vinegar
Watermelon Salad Dressing with Honey | Simple & Easy | Summer
Easy homemade Watermelon Salad Dressing with honey for summer will compliment any green salad or fruit salad. Simple Watermelon salad dressing is packed full of sweet flavor from the watermelon and honey. Watermelon Salad vinaigrette dressing will brighten up any salad.
Watermelon Salad Vinaigrette
2 Cups Watermelon, Cubed
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
1 Teaspoon Honey Salt and Pepper
1. Puree watermelon cubes in a food processor until they reach a uniform texture.
2. Add the remaining vinaigrette ingredients and mix well.
3. Serve over a green salad or fruit salad mix.
Pesto Chicken Parmesan Salad That is Quick and Easy
This flavorful Pesto Chicken Parmesan Salad is loaded with lots of freshness with only a few simple ingredients. The pesto brings this salad to the next level in goodness. It is perfect for a hearty lunch or dinner meal. The possibilities of ingredients you can add to this salad are endless. It is one you will be making over and over.
Pesto Chicken Parmesan Salad
1 lb Chicken, Breast or Tenders
¼ cup Pesto (add olive oil if pesto is too thick)
4 cups of Lettuce of your choice
½ cup Feta Cheese
12 Baby Tomatoes, halved
1 Avocados, sliced or cubed
Shaved Parmesan Cheese
½ cup Pine Nuts, lightly toasted
Salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, place chicken and pesto. Evenly coat the pesto all over the chicken.
2. In a saute pan, over medium heat, place chicken to cook. Once cooked, remove, cool and slice into bite-size cubes.
3. In a large serving bowl, place salad greens evenly spread out.
4. Evenly place cooked pesto chicken, halved baby tomatoes, and sliced avocado all over the top of the lettuce.
5. Add shaved parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts.
6. Randomly add small dollops of pesto sauce all over for a final touch.