Appetizers & Snacks
If You Have Eggplant Make This EASY Side Dish. EASY Stuffed Eggplant Rollatini is one of my favorite Eggplant dishes to make. I love it as a side dish as well as the main dish. It also makes for the PERFECT appetizer. Eggplant Rollatini is so creamy with the combination of the ricotta and mozzarella cheese and the lemon gives the eggplant a fresh spring taste. You will love how easy and delicious this is!
EASY Stuffed Eggplant Rollatini
Serves 4 – 6
2 Large Eggplants
1 ½ cups marinara tomato sauce
15 oz container of Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese. Grated, plus additional for topping
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Lemon (zest and juice)
1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
½ tsp Salt
Italian Parsley, fresh rough chop for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch vertical slices and place on an oiled baking sheet. Once all the sliced eggplants are on the baking sheet, drizzle or brush a little more olive oil on each top piece of eggplant and sprinkle salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until eggplant is pliable. Once cooked, remove the eggplant from the oven and leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add Ricotta, Mozzarella, parmesan, Egg, Lemon zest and juice, Italian seasoning, and salt. Mix until all evenly incorporated.
- In a baking dish, line the bottom with about one cup of tomato sauce.
- Place an eggplant slice on your workbench and using a spoon, scoop out the cheese mixture and place it on the eggplant slice. Spread it evenly to cover most of the eggplant. Leave about 2-inches on the closing end of the eggplant.
- Roll the eggplant slice toward the closure part that has no filling. The filling will begin to spill on the sides and push toward the end of the eggplant.
- Place the eggplant, seam side down, in your baking dish. Continue doing this until all the eggplants are filled.
- Top each eggplant roll with tomato sauce. If the tomato sauce is not seasoned, sprinkle salt and pepper on top to give the sauce some seasoning.
- Top each roll with additional mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 min or until the sides are bubbling.
- Option, you can remove the foil and place the dish back in the oven under the broiler until the mozzarella cheese is golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- Serve as the main entrée, with a side salad or meat or vegetable of your choice
How To Make EASIEST Mushroom BACON Appetizer
Bacon in anything is always a hit appetizer. I will show you how to make the EASIEST BACON mushroom appetizer for your holiday or party event for your guests.
Mushroom Bacon Appetizer
½ pound Mushrooms, small diced
1 Leek, thinly sliced
2 Garlic Clove, crushed
2 Tablespoons White Wine, Dry
2 slices Bacon, cooked and diced
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream Baguettes slices, toasted Mascarpone Cheese
Toasted Pecans, finely chopped
Freshly Ground Pepper
1. In a saute pan, add few tablespoons of olive oil, mushrooms, and ½ teaspoon salt. Cook for a few minutes.
2. Add leeks and garlic. Continue to saute until leeks are soft.
3. Add wine cook for another couple of minutes to reduce some of the liquid.
4. Add Cooked Bacon, Thyme and season for Salt and Pepper.
5. Remove from heat and add Parmesan Cheese, Heavy Cream.
6. Add a layer of Mascarpone cheese to the Bruschetta.
7. Add a Tablespoon of Mushroom Bacon filling.
EASIEST Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry
Learn how to make the EASIEST Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry. These Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Croissants are fast and easy to make. Great for a grab and go snack, light lunch or dinner that pairs perfectly with a salad. These Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry can be made ahead or frozen for a quick bake whenever the craving strikes. You can customize these with whatever meat and cheese you have on hand and fill them with whatever the desired amount of ingredients you would like.
EASIEST Ham and Cheese in Puff Pastry
Makes 4 pieces
1 Package of Puff Pastry, thawed
1 Egg Yolk
Ham Slices, quality as desired
Mozzarella Slices, quality as desired
Fresh Thyme, quality as desired
Black Pepper, quality as desired
Preheat oven 400 degrees
1. In a small bowl, add an egg yolk with 1 teaspoon of water and mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
2. Roll out each sheet of pastry sheets to about 1/8” and cut in half vertically and horizontally to make 4 square pieces out of each sheet of puff pastry.
3. Brush the edge of each piece with egg wash.
4. On each square, stack Ham, Mozzarella, Thyme leaves, and Black Pepper.
5. Place a sheet of puff pastry that does not have egg wash on top of the stacked Ham and Cheese.
6. Seal along the edge of the pastry using a fork to crimp the edges.
7. Place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all four puff pastries are complete.
8. Brush egg wash all over the sealed puff pastries and sprinkle black pepper on top of each.
9. Place in oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
How to Make Best Tuscan Flatbread
Tuscan Grape Focaccia is a rustic snack traditionally made during wine harvest, with grapes that would be discarded. This is what the farmers would feast on to celebrate the end of the season. This traditional dish is called Schiacciata con l’uva which translates to Crushed with Grapes
1 Egg White
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2- 3/4 Cup of White Wine or Water, Enough to Make A Smooth and Workable
1 Pound Grapes*, Halved
1/2 Cup Walnut, Chopped
Zest of 1 Orange
Egg Wash (1 Egg Yolk and 1 Teaspoon Water)
Preheat oven to 400 F
1. Mix the egg, sugar, flour, olive oil, baking powder, and enough wine or water to obtain a relatively soft dough. Knead until it is smooth and roll (about ¼ inch thick) out to make a sheet large enough to line a cookie sheet pan.
2. Grease a cookie sheet pan and line the bottom of it with half the dough.
3. Fill the container with about 3/4 of the drained grapes; gently squeeze some between your hands as you add them. Sprinkle sugar, walnuts, and zest over grapes.
4. Roll out the remaining dough to cover the grapes. Try to get the dough to be about the same shape. Place rolled out dough on top of grapes and sealing the edges.
5. Brush egg wash on top of “Schiacciata.”
6. Spread the rest of the grapes on top of the “Schiacciata.” Lightly press them into the dough.
7. Top with a sprinkling of sugar.
8. Bake for about an hour, or until the crust is browned.
9. When it is done, it will be approximately 1 ½” thick; the dough is primarily a container for the grape filling. *You can vary the recipe. Some cooks use considerably more sugar, and others put chopped walnuts within the Schiacciata and sprinkle them over it. Still, others sprinkle anise seeds or rosemary leaves over the Schiacciata. In contrast, walnuts and rosemary are sometimes used together, anise seeds are used alone.
How To Make EASY Quick Healthy Italian Appetizers
Tired of serving the same types of appetizers? Let me teach you how you can make this really EASY and FLAVORFUL appetizer that will have your guests asking for MORE!
Italian Sausage and Bean Bruschetta
1 lb Ground Italian Sausage, or any ground meat or vegan meat of choice (if using ground meat with no seasoning, add ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp Italian Seasoning, ¼ tsp pepper)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 cloves Garlic, minced
½ Purple Onion, finely diced
4 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 – 14 oz can Diced Tomatoes
¼ cup Liquid (Red Wine, Broth, or Water)
1 (14 oz) can White Beans, rinsed and drained Salt and Pepper, to taste Thinly sliced toasted baguette (see video how to infuse garlic flavor to baguette slices) Garnish Fresh parsley, finely chopped Shaved Parmesan Cheese
1. In a sauté pan, add ground meat, garlic, and any additional seasonings if necessary. Continue to sauté until meat is cooked.
2. Add Onion and Balsamic Vinegar. Start with 2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar, cook down, and add more if preferred in 2 Tablespoon increments.
3. Add diced tomatoes and break tomato chunks into smaller pieces. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
4. Add about ¼ cup of liquid of choice.
5. Take the drained White Beans and smash half of the beans with a fork and add all the beans to the sauté pan.
6. Add a few tablespoons of chopped parsley as well as more balsamic vinegar if more flavor of depth is preferred.
7. Now the Sausage and Beans are ready, it can be spooned onto each baguette slice topped with fresh parsley and shaved parmesan cheese.
Note: this can be made ahead of time and reheated. Any leftovers would go great addition to eggs, pasta, or soup.
Easy Zucchini Quiche Recipe
EASY Zucchini Quiche recipe is perfect for breakfast or brunch, plus perfect for lunch leftover. This Zucchini Quiche is creamy and healthy with lots of zucchini. This can also be made with or without a pie crust.
Pie Crust pre-made or video link
2 Zucchini, sliced
1 Tomato, sliced
5 slices Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Heavy Cream
¼ cup Parmesan
¼ teaspoon Italian Herbs
½ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Pepper
Preheat oven 350 degrees
1. In a bowl, add heavy cream, eggs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
2. In a pie dish, place the pie crust and form the dough to fit inside the pie dish.
3. Place a single layer of sliced mozzarella cheese to cover the bottom of the pie.
4. Place a single layer of sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle salt evenly over salts and Italian herbs.
5. Layer the sliced zucchini in an overlapping, side by side circular pattern creating an outer layer and then and inner layer.
6. Pour the egg-cream mixture over all the zucchini.
7. Add additional grated parmesan cheese all over the top.
8. Place in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes or until the center is set and no longer giggly.
9. Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes before cutting.
EASY Pea and Mascarpone Appetizer Recipe
If you are looking for a QUICK, EASY and SUPER delicious appetizer, this is it. The Pea and Mascarpone Appetizer is the PERFECT start to your holiday event. The peas give a FRESH taste, the mascarpone adds richness and the toasted baguette slice gives the PERFECT crunch of satisfaction. This is an appetizer that everyone is surprised by how much they enjoy.
Pea and Mascarpone Appetizer
2 cups of Petite Peas, Frozen, plus 1/4 cup for garnish
4 oz Mascarpone
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tablespoon each of Chives, Mint, and Thyme
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Baguette Bread, sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. On a cookie sheet, place 1/4″ sliced baguette and bake in the oven until bread slices are toasted. Set aside until ready to use.
2. In a food processor, add all ingredients and puree until blended.
3. When ready to serve, spoon a small amount of pea mixture on top of each slice of toasted baguette.
4. To garnish, add a thinly sliced parmesan cheese, topped with a couple of peas or fresh herbs.
EASY Stuffed Mushrooms Bacon Mascarpone | BEST Party Appetizer
Super EASY and delicious BACON, Mascarpone Stuffed Mushrooms are always the first to be devoured. It is a show-stopping party pleasing appetizer! They are best eaten when they are served warm. This is an EASY recipe to make ahead and pop in the oven 20 minutes before you want to serve them.
Easy Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon & Mascarpone
2 Slices of Bacon, chopped
½ small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
4 oz Mascarpone Cheese
1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Tablespoon Parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. In a medium sauté pan, add bacon and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add onions and garlic to bacon and continue to cook until onions are translucent. Add extra olive oil if bacon did not render enough fat to sauté in.
3. Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Place the whole mushrooms, cavity side up, onto a lined baking sheet. Take out the stems of the mushrooms and finely chop, then place the chopped stems in the sauté pan with bacon and continue to cook. Once cooked remove from heat and place in a large bowl to cool.
4. In the meantime, prepare mascarpone filling. In a bowl, add soft mascarpone, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper and mix to combine. Add about a teaspoon of filling into each mushroom cavity.
5. In the large bowl of cooled bacon mixture, add cheese, breadcrumbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper and stir to evenly incorporate.
6. To complete stuffing the mushrooms, take a spoonful of breadcrumb mixture and pile on top of mushroom to create a dome shape of filling. Continue until all the mushrooms are filled.
7. Bake until the mushrooms are tender and the filling is golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, sprinkle more parmesan cheese, parsley and serve.
2 ingredient Ricotta Cheese | GreenOlive Cooking
I think that ricotta cheese is one of my favorite cheeses because of its versatility in meals whether savory or sweet. As a child, I would love to spread it on toasted bread and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. It didn’t matter if it was breakfast, lunch or dinner; it was my go to food. I also love having a dollop of ricotta on my red sauce spaghetti, so creamy – Yum! In this video, I share with you how easy it is to make homemade ricotta cheese with only 2 ingredients. Once you start making your own and see how simple it is, you will never want to buy store bought again. This ricotta is so creamy and delicious!
HOMEMADE RICOTTA CHEESE
Yields about 7 oz
1 Quart Whole Milk
1 Lemon, Juiced
1. Place milk in a pot. Heat the milk until it is almost too hot to touch – just before simmer stage. Do not have milk boil.
2. Add the juice of 1 lemon and quick stir the milk. The lemon juice will begin to curdling process. This process should take about 2 – 3 minutes.
3. Once the milk starts to curdle, place a lid on the pot, turn off the flame and let rest for 30 minutes.
4. While waiting for the milk to curdle, prepare a strainer to place the ricotta cheese in. It can either be a fine net strainer or a colander lined with cheesecloth.
5. At the end of the 30 minutes, the whey and curds should be separated. With a slotted spoon or a strainer begin to scoop out the cheese and place in in the strainer previously prepared.
6. Let the ricotta drain for about ½ hour then place into a container and refrigerate.
Mangia (eat) and Enjoy!
MOM’S STUFFED ZUCCHINI
This is an easy baked stuffed Zucchini recipe that is healthy, tasty and perfect if you are looking for a vegetarian idea. In this video, my mother and I are making the best stuffed scrumptious zucchini dish along with my 94 year old grandmother Grace. With the abundance of zucchini growing in the garden, I wanted to make a tasty and healthy alternative to the tons of Zucchini bread I have been seeing a lot of lately. This is such a versatile recipe that you can add pretty much any additional sautéed vegetables or cooked meats to the zucchini. This is great served with a salad or a side of grilled meat.
MOM’S STUFFED ZUCCHINI
2 Zucchini, ends trimmed off
1 small zucchini, grated with skin
½ onion, diced and sautéed
¾ cup Ricotta Cheese
2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese, plus additional for garnish
Mozzarella, fresh Bocconcini balls or if unavailable, cubed mozzarella
Salt to taste
Preheat oven 375 degrees
1. In a stock pot, add enough water to cover zucchini, place over high heat until water comes to a boil. Once water is boiling, add zucchini to stock pot, lower to medium-low heat and parboil zucchini for about 5 minutes.
2. Once Zucchini has come out of the hot water and cooled, cut zucchini in half-length wise. Gently scoop out the center, without damaging the zucchini “boat” we are trying to make. Chop zucchini centers until in a very small dice.
3. In a large bowl, add grated small zucchini, about half of the diced zucchini, egg, ricotta and parmesan cheese and mix well.
4. In a baking dish, place scooped out zucchini boats. Drizzle olive oil and salt in each zucchini boat.
5. Place 4 – 6 Bocconcini balls in each zucchini boat. The amount can vary depending on zucchini size or amount of cheesiness desired.
6. Evenly divide filling amongst the zucchini.
7. Final drizzle of olive oil and sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top.
8. Bake for 40 minutes.
9. Cool before serving. Mangia (eat) and Enjoy!
How to Make Biscotti
Yields: Approx. varies on personal cut size
3 cups All Purpose Flour, might need more if too sticky
6 tablespoons Milk
6 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
6 tablespoons Sugar
3 tablespoons Baking Powder
1 Lemon, zest (you can also add the juice for more flavor or if dough is too dry)
Preheat oven 350 degrees.
1. In a bowl, blend together flour, sugar and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, milk, oil, and zest. Beat until combined.
3. Once liquids are combined, add dry ingredients.
4. Add flour to a flat surface and roll dough out to knead.
5. Dough may be a little sticky and that is okay. Don’t add too much flour at this point or the cookies will be tough, not light and fluffy.
6. Roll dough out into a rectangle about ¼” thick. (use a ¼ in rolling pin spacer) Cut dough into rectangles about 3” x ¾”. Place on a lined cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle sugar on each cookie.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
GreenOlive Appetizers for Entertainment